About meWho I am, what I've done, what kind of chocolate I like, that sort of thing...
I’m an experienced editor and former journalist. I’ve spent ten years editing and writing and am the former chief sub-editor of award-winning newspaper The Press and Journal. I also worked as a senior media officer for Grampian Police, where I was involved with the communications strategy for several high-profile cases.
I set up my own editing business in May 2015 and have been involved in a range of exciting projects since then. In the last couple of years, I’ve taken part in a number of courses and professional development workshops and conferences to make sure I’m at the top of my game.
I live in Scotland (Aberdeen) with my partner and our cocker spaniel, Daisy, and when not editing, I’m usually buried in a book (typically romance or crime), lurking on Twitter, or watching Netflix. I also play the piano and enjoy a bit of writing – mostly in the form of my blog.
P.S. Daisy the Editing Spaniel has her own page and Instagram account!
I’m very impressed by the high standard of Katherine’s editing. She has a very good eye for detail and offered constructive feedback. I will be using her again for sure.Self-publishing author
- Let’s Talk About Text (Society for Editors and Proofreaders conference)
- Brush up on your grammar (Society for Editors and Proofreaders)
- Professional development day for fiction editors (Society for Editors and Proofreaders)
- Advanced developmental editing for fiction (Editorial Freelancers Association)
- Intermediate developmental editing for fiction (Editorial Freelancers Association)
- Introduction to fiction editing (Society for Editors and Proofreaders)
- Collaborate and Innovate (Society for Editors and Proofreaders conference)
- Editing with Word (Society for Editors and Proofreaders)
- Book Mapping for Developmental Editors (Editorial Freelancers Association)